Listed below are resources available for teachers and schools:
- Education Programs that can help school nurses, teachers and other school personnel better support a student with seizures.
- Seizures and You: Take Charge of the Facts is an epilepsy awareness program for high school teens to dispel myths and reduce misunderstanding about epilepsy.
- Seizures and You: Take Charge of the Storm is an epilepsy educations awareness program for middle school students.
- Epilepsy & My Child Toolkit: A Resource for Parents with a Newly Diagnosed Child (National Center for Project Access at the national Epilepsy Foundation)
School and Day Care Materials
– an overview of issues children might face and regulations that can protect them
– a comprehensive guide to help parents protect their children’s rights
- Information for your child’s school:
- Forms and communication tools that can help school nurses and teachers understand what epilepsy is and know what to do in case of a seizure
- Education Programs for school nurses and other school personnel available online or through your local Epilepsy Foundation